Welcome to my blog, “What’s On the News Today?” Here you’ll find the latest news and information on what’s happening in the world today. Keep up with the latest headlines and stay informed on what’s going on in the world around you. Thanks for reading!
Checkout this video:
Today’s top stories include a new development in the push for gun reform in the US, rising tensions between India and Pakistan, and the ongoing search for answers in the Ethiopian Airlines crash.
The news today is dominated by the impeachment trial of President Trump in the Senate, as well as the ongoing spread of the coronavirus.
-The impeachment trial of President Trump continues in the Senate, with arguments expected from both sides today.
-The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus continues to rise, with over 100 now confirmed in the United States.
The top stories making the news internationally today include:
– continuing protests in Hong Kong over a proposed extradition bill that would make it easier to send suspected criminals to mainland China for trial
– new Zealand’s Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern says she will ‘look closely’ at bringing in more gun control measures in the wake of the Christchurch mosque shootings
– US President Donald Trump says he will hold a ‘great’ meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un in two weeks time
– an Argentinian submarine which disappeared a year ago with 44 crew on board is finally located by an international search team
In today’s episode we cover the latest news in your area. We begin with a report on the city council meeting that was held yesterday where they discussed the new budget. Next, we move on to the county fair that is happening this weekend. Finally, we take a look at the local sports teams and how they are doing.
Sunny and bright conditions are forecast for today with highs in the low to mid 80s. There is a chance for isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
In the world of sports, there are always plenty of events and stories to keep track of. Here are some of the top headlines in the sports world today.
– In MLB action, the Boston Red Sox are set to take on the New York Yankees in a much-anticipated matchup.
– NBA playoff action continues, with the Golden State Warriors taking on the Houston Rockets in what is sure to be a thrilling game.
– In the NHL, the Stanley Cup Finals are underway, with the Nashville Predators facing off against the Pittsburgh Penguins.
– Meanwhile, in tennis, Wimbledon is just around the corner, and there are already plenty of storylines to follow.
Today’s top stories include the death of George Floyd, new data on the coronavirus pandemic, and protests in Minneapolis.